- SPST: Single Pole Single Throw
- SPDT: Single Pole Double Throw
- DPST: Double Pole Single Throw
- DPDT: Double Pole Double Throw
- Momentary-contact: Press and hold to turn on, release to turn off.
- Maintained-contact: Press to turn on; press again to turn off.
- Single Throw
- NO (Normally Open): Contacts are open when the switch is not actuated.
- NC (Normally Closed): Contacts are closed when switch is not actuated.
- Multiple Throw
- BM (Break-before-Make): The moving contacts break an existing connection before making the new connection -- Nonshorting type.
- MB (Make-before-Break): The moving contacts make a new connection before breaking the existing connection -- Shorting type.
[ Index | Technical Notes Page ]
This page is for INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.
Page author: Dawn Rorvik (email@example.com)
Last modified: 02/06/1999